Thursday, August 13, 2009

Me & Alexandria






"You can't know where you're going until you know where you've been"

Few years ago , While watching a movie ,I heard this quote. And since that time I've always kept it in my mind to remind me that no matter where I go or what I do , I should never forget who I am or where I am from.

I'm Egyptian , from Alexandria which lies on the Mediterranean sea coast, which means i'm friendly , hot-tempered and hot blooded :)

Let me tell you some about Alexandria .. It's somewhere you probably have never been to .... just like heaven :)
Have you ever been to heaven ? guess not ...so let me take you there !

Alexandria...

Does the name ring any bells ?
It was named after Alexander the great who made it the capital of Egypt. through ages Alexandria has became a mix between Greek , roman , Egyptian ,Arabian and ottoman cultures which makes it a very special city.

There are so many places to go in Alexandria , and its suitable for everyone ... many historical monuments ... Greek , roman , Coptic , Islamic and Egyptian... Ill show you my favorite places in Alexandria.

The Roman Theater





This place have such a special memory in my head:) , it was the first time for me to go there and i was 13 years old. Beside watching all this glory ,it was my first time to interact with other cultures ,when i met the American twins Omar & Nadia ( yes i still remember their names after 9 years hehe ) and I've made the 1st English conversation in my life. I think they were surprised that there's someone who can speak English among all those kids who only say " money please " haha ... and it took my breath away that they took a picture with me .. it made me think ,as a kid back then , that I've crossed the ocean back to America with them trough my picture, well that was before the internet-Mania and facebook age . It was a small thing but it made Mohamed the kid happy for a long long time back then. :)

Well It looks like I have too many memories in Alexandria that it'd take years to write about all of it, so ill shut up for awhile and leave you with the rest of the pictures :)





e






In the end , no matter where I go ... I will always be proud to be Egyptian and to be one of Alexandria sons :)

2 comments:

  1. well u know that you're not alone here aite? anyway i would love to go to your place someday,wanna try the food...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ofcourse i know that, i got you :)

    hehe yea one day we will go there and I really am going to enjoy it !! :p

    ReplyDelete